Our company culture is that of teamwork and pride.
We take pride in our commitment to safety, quality and productivity. Westby Cooperative Creamery has received numerous awards and certifications from local, state and national organizations. Any industry award or company recognition is the result of teamwork.
- La Crosse Industrial Safety Council (click here)
- SQF - Safe Quality Food Certification
- Certificate of Registration in meeting the Safe Quality Food requirements for Comprehensive Food Safety and Quality Management System (click for details).
- 2015 United States Championship Cheese Contest, sponsored by the Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association (click for details):
- 1ST Place for 4% Small Curd Cottage Cheese.
- 1ST Place, Best-of-Class score of 99.5%, for Low Fat Strawberry Yogurt.
- 2014 World Dairy Expo Championship Dairy Products Contest, organized by the Wisconsin Dairy Products Association (click for details).
- Grade-A Grand Champion award, with a perfect score of 100 points, for Westby brand Grade-A Cultured French Onion Dip.
- Westby Cooperative Creamery featured with two stories in September 2013 issue of Dairy Foods magazine
- Dairy Foods magazine, in print and online editions, is the leading publication of the dairy foods processing industry with circulation to over twenty-thousand readers across North America and internationally.
- The first story, "Goodness -- It's Westby," covers the history of our cooperative and recent record-setting business growth. Click here to read the article.
- The second story, "Grade A all the way: agile, able, awards," takes a look inside our Creamery production facility. Click here to read the article.
Can't find a job that matches your skill set? Complete a General Application and we'll consider you for current or future openings.
Please note that we accept general applications on an on-going basis in order to build a talent pool of potential candidates. Your application will be reviewed upon submission and you will receive a follow-up email regarding your application status.
Applications remain on file for 60 days for consideration. After 60 days, it will be necessary to complete a new application.
Thank you for your interest in Westby Cooperative Creamery.
Westby Cooperative Creamery and our employees are committed to giving back to our communities. From volunteering for local charities, or donating to non-profit organizations, there is nothing more fulfilling than helping others in their time of need.
We support the following community organizations and causes:
- Bethel Butikk
- Cashton Area Schools
- Dairy Breakfasts and Promotions (Crawford, Jackson, La Crosse, Monroe, Vernon Counties)
- Ducks Unlimited
- Great Rivers United Way
- Kickapoo Area Schools
- La Farge Schools
- WDRT – 91.9 FM – Driftless Community Radio
- Westby Area Schools
- Westby Lions
- Westby Syttende Mai Celebration
- Wisconsin FFA Foundation
Beautiful Westby, Wisconsin
The city of Westby is located in Vernon County, in southwestern Wisconsin; about ten miles north of Viroqua, along Highway-14, and about twenty five miles southeast of La Crosse; and, about twenty miles south of Sparta and I-90 along Highway-27. This area of Wisconsin is called the "coulee" or "driftless" region and includes rugged hills, scenic farms, trout streams and state parks. A drive along country roads will take you through the colorful change of seasons, or to Amish communities for handcrafted goods.
The local economy was built on agriculture, with a strong tradition of cooperative businesses. Westby Cooperative Creamery is one of seven cooperatives in the city; so, it is no wonder Westby is often referred to as "Co-op City". The community is very proud of its Scandinavian heritage, with the celebration of Syttende Mai held in May of each year. In February, the city is host to an annual international ski jump competition at the Snowflake Ski Club.
With a population of just over 2,000, Westby and the surrounding communities are the ideal place to raise a family and enjoy a wide variety of outdoor activities, each season of the year.